Aromatic spices used in Indian cooking are truly natures most powerful bounty with an abundance of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants packed in them. Spices have so many beneficial healing properties from combatting inflammation and fighting cancer cells to increasing your metabolism and helping you lose weight.
In this cooking workshop, we will discuss some key cooking techniques used in making Indian food and go over a variety of spices used in the creation of the recipes.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS CLASS?
This class is beneficial for anyone interested in learning how to make healthy Indian recipes that don’t use vegetable oils/dairy/gluten to achieve a desired flavor. It is also perfect for those of you who currently battling an autoimmune disease such as, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Rheumatoid Arthritis or Celiac disease since we eliminate the most common allergens.
WHO SHOULD NOT ATTEND THIS CLASS?
This class is not for novice cooks as it requires the handling of a paring knife and a chef knife. You must be comfortable using your knife, a peeler, and other equipment such as pots/pans for cooking with hot items.
WHY THIS CLASS?
There are lots of cooking classes out there, but with the class sizes being so large, you are never given the attention you need to learn proper cooking techniques. This class will be led by a Culinary Nutrition Expert who has been through her own challenges managing her various health issues and our class size will be limited to 3 – 4 people to ensure that you learn what you hope to in our 3 hours together.
You will each be given one recipe to create and you will also be provided with helpful assistance as needed.
Below are the dishes we will be making:
– Chana Masala: A delicious vegan chickpeas gravy dish made with a homemade aromatic Chana Masala Spice Blend
– Gobhi Aloo: Cauliflowers and Potatoes made with the potent anti-inflammatory spice, turmeric, that has been used in Indian traditions for centuries!
– Chicken Tikka Curry: Gluten-free, Dairy-free and 100% Organic Chicken in a delicious sauce with bell peppers and onions
– Other sides that will be provided: Jeera Rice, Indian Pickle & Indian Salad
At the end of the class, we will all sit down to a family style 100% organic, gluten-free and dairy-free meal complete with healthy sides!
Please note that attendees are not permitted to take food home from the classes and will be asked to sign a waiver for participating.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN / EXPERIENCE?
– How to increase your spice tolerance
– Health benefits of various herbs and spices
– Cooking techniques specific to Indian food
– Hands-on learning to solidify your learnings around Indian Cooking
– Observing & Assisting other students with their Recipes