- This event has passed.
SYA’s 21st Annual Summer Camp,New South Wales 2102 Australia
January 2 @ 10:00 am - January 6 @ 3:00 pm UTC+10
Sikh Youth Australia’s 21st Annual Summer Camp 2019
When: 2nd January – 6th January 2019
Where: Sydney Academy of Sport and Recreation, Wakehurst Parkway, Narrabeen 2102, NSW, Sydney, Australia
*Early-Bird Registrations – are available for a limited time only! Please check our Facebook and promotional material for dates + click the green registration button.
*Children/Toddlers Under 5 Years Old – can attend free of charge at the camp! Please contact our facebook page or email email@example.com to obtain the access code to register a participant under 5 years old!
*Interstate & International Discounts are available (except ACT) – email firstname.lastname@example.org OR contact our facebook page!
The Famous SYA Summer Camp
SYA has successfully run annual summer youth camps since 1999. Now in its 20th year running the SYA summer youth camp is an opportunity to make new friends and have fun, while also having the ability to immerse in knowledge and understanding of Sikhism.
By the end of the camp each participant, no matter how young or old, will leave with at least one thing they didn’t have before they arrived, whether they have learnt something new, created a new friendship or discovered something about themselves!
Each year a team of international facilitators share their knowledge, educate and inspire our youth through katha, workshops, multimedia presentations and open discussions. This is all done in an interactive, fun and relaxed learning environment with English as the primary medium.
Facilitators for 2019 Summer Camp:
- Giani Sukhdaiv Singh (Malaysia)
- Veer Hari Singh (New Zealand)
- Dya Singh (Melbourne)
- Veer Manpreet Singh (UK)
- Prof. Jaswant Singh (India)
- LFresh The Lion (Sydney)
ALL facilitators maintain a relaxed, non-judgemental environment where questions and discussions are encouraged. While the main medium is English, ALL facilitators speak BOTH English & Punjabi.
- A curriculum focused on learning the core basics of Sikhi, in a fun, entertaining and nurturing environment!
- Adventure activities are organised every afternoon including; sailing, canoeing, rope courses, archery, swimming, basketball & soccer.
- Fun and Interactive sessions/workshops for children under the age of 10 years
- Each participant is allocated a Jatha for the duration of the camp – taking part in daily competitions, challenges, activities, sewa and kirtan.
- Encouraged and fostered to meet, share and grow with others of their own age and learn about the Sikh religion & heritage.
- Sports/Drama/Discussions and Cultural Activities provide an opportunity for all youth to show their skills, passions and talent.
- Challenging and engaging seminars to learn about Gurbani, and gain a deeper understanding of Sikhi, History and the way in which Sikhi fits into a modern context.
- Daily discussion groups with other adults on interesting and contemporary topics.
- Kirtan & Katha sessions presented in BOTH English & Punjabi.
- Santhiya classes are also run to help improve your knowledge of Paath and Gurbani
** ALL Registrations Close 28 December 2019 **
“It was my first camp and I really enjoyed myself. We had a lot of interesting activities like indoor soccer, drama night and discussion sessions about seva and Sikhism. It was great fun! – Mighty Khalsa Youth
“A most exciting, educational and enjoyable experience. I was overwhelmed at the
varied communication styles used to instil the value of Sikhi into our youths.”
– Sardar Udam Singh, Grandparent.
“When my children sat in the car after the 2009 camp, they asked ‘When are we coming back?’ ” – Amardeep Kaur, Parent
“The calibre and nature of facilitators were outstanding… very friendly, easy to talk to and non-judgemental.” – University Student
ENGAGE THE PEOPLE WHO MATTER IN YOUR SOUTH ASIAN COMMUNITY
Advertise with us
Tell the community about your event
Post your event
Tell the community about your event